Sunday 3 February 2013

Why hello

Hello, and welcome to my new blog!

I've been meaning to get back into blogging properly for several years - I used to blog with a Livejournal (here), but since my last post there was the best part of four years ago and that was the only post that entire year, I thought it best to start over.

What can you expect from this blog? For now, I'm not totally sure.  I'm going to try a few different things, to see what seems to fit.  There's likely to be some politics, but also a reasonable amount of culture, especially 'geeky' stuff. I've also recently started watching a lot more films at the cinema (I'm probably at near half my total visits from last year already, and it's barely Feburary!)  so there might be a few attempts at film reviews.

Who are you, anyway? Hi! I'm Pete, a twenty-something bloke presently living in Birmingham in the UK. I've worked for a bank since leaving Uni in 2007, although reasonably low on the totem pole.  Outside of work, my biggest hobby is RPGs, primarially the Pathfinder RPG, which is a variation of Dungeons & Dragons.  I'm interested in a reasonably wide range of fantasy & sci-fi media, although my tastes are not locked down 'in genre'. Politically I'm a member of the Liberal Democrats, generally in the centre of the party. All of this is stuff I'll expound on in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment